Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Hulatt 47 posts 59 karma points
    May 15, 2009 @ 10:31
    Paul Hulatt

Unable to Sort in UI

I have a problem that is now affecting two folders on my Umbraco 4.0.1 installation where I am unable to sort the nodes. I can right-click "Sort" on the node and re-order them but when I click "Save" and the nodes are reloaded they are all in the original order.

Any urgent help people can give will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

May 15, 2009 @ 10:40
    Paul Hulatt

Quick update - I have now got it to sort but there is still a problem. There were a couple of documents that were set to remove at a certain date/time. I have unpublished these and removed the dates and now I can search?????

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    May 15, 2009 @ 10:42
    Douglas Robar

Is it possible that the treeview simply isn't updating to reflect the new sort order? What happens if, after you do the sort and save, you then right-click and select the "Reload Nodes" menu item? Or, for that matter, if you click the "Content" icon in the bottom-left corner to reload the entire content tree?

I've not tried this, but it might help... right-click on the node that you're sorting and select the "Publish" menu item. Be sure to publish all the children as well. Then, reload the tree. If the sort order isn't reflected properly, sort it one more time. Better now? (the idea here is that publishing does a lot of work behind the scenes and it might free up whatever is stuck). It won't hurt to try this, though not sure if it will help.

Or, do you mean that you have a macro that doesn't honor the new sort order even though it displays correctly in the tree?

cheers,
    doug.

May 15, 2009 @ 10:52
    Paul Hulatt

Even though when I save the sort it says that it is complete, no matter how many times i reload the tree the sort has not been done.

I have tried running Publish on the node that I am sorting and it seemed to crash the entire site! There are 1022 nodes in this and it's child nodes but the counter when publishing stayed at zero.

Thanks

Paul

PS. Doug - I have sent you an email regarding our Imagegen issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft