Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    May 18, 2009 @ 09:55
    Fredrik Esseen

Iframe in TinyMce

Hi!

I want my user to be able to put an iframe in the editor but Umbraco wont let me!
    I tried configure the allows tags in tinyMceConfig to allow an iframe and it allows the Iframe and not the parameters? Am I doing something wrong?

iframe[width|height|frameborder|scrolling|marginheight|marginwidth|src|style]

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    May 18, 2009 @ 12:48
    Aaron Powell

I would suggest that you create a little macro (xslt is probably the easiest) which they can add it with. It'd make it easier to edit the properties than having to edit the raw HTML from the WYSIWYG

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    May 18, 2009 @ 15:47
    Fredrik Esseen

That worked nicely :)

Thank you!

• Robert Godino 40 posts 129 karma points
    Aug 17, 2020 @ 02:03
    Robert Godino

Hi Fredrik,

Do you have a copy of the XSLT code you used to insert the iframe macro?

I have an old Umbraco 4.11+ project I’d like to add an iframe to and would like to insert the iFrame via a macro as I get this error when I add the iFrame: enter image description here

I’m not a Developer but can get my head around XSLT integration via macro if helped.

Regards, Robert

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 17:44
    Connie DeCinko

Bottom line, the version of TinyMCE/Tidy that ships with Umbraco 4.7 is broken by not allowing iframes even though they are allowed in the TinyMCE config. Tidy should not be stripping out the empty iframe tag. And, TinyMCE should not be removing content inside the iframe tag, which is your no frames content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft