Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Bodem 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 03, 2011 @ 08:24
    Adam Bodem

TinyMCE is stripping the <!-- startUmbMacro -->f<!-- endUmbMacro --> from macro markup

First off I'm running 4.7 and framework 4.0.  

The issue is when I insert a macro the html looks like this

<div class="sections-header grid_9 alpha omega">
    <h3 class="grid_8 alpha"><span>AQS</span> Section Navigation</h3></div>
    <p>test</p>
    <div umb_ulclass="sections grid_6 prefix_1 alpha omega" umb_propertyname="" umb_contentitemid="1053" umb_macroalias="BoxLinks" ismacro="true" onresizestart="return false;" umbversionid="9ce3f96a-ad64-418f-a6d4-2d5e3641dd00" umbpageid="1132" title="This is rendered content from macro" class="umbMacroHolder"><!-- startUmbMacro -->'<!-- endUmbMacro --></div>

I can save this html without an issue

Any subsiquent save after result in the error below.

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length]

I compared the initial macro html (see html above) with the "after first save" html and the difference is the "<!-- startUmbMacro -->f<!-- endUmbMacro -->" text is missing.  The Save the tinymce is doing strips this text out.  if I add this text to the macro html it saves fine but then gets stripped again.  I cant ask the content editors to manually add this to each RTE.

This is a stock install of 4.7.  I haven't customized the tinymce at all.

Anyone have any idea's?

thanks,
    -adam

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 18:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Adam

What browser do you experience this on and is the error happening in other browsers as well?

/Jan

• Adam Bodem 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 19:42
    Adam Bodem

This is going to be one of those, "not sure why its working now".  Chrome seems to be working like it does normally with the content editor.  Thanks for your input thought Jan, much appreciated.

• Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 23:57
    Gregg Duncan

I'm having this same issue. But mine is not fixing itself.

Does anyone have any idea why it's stripping the "<!-- startUmbMacro --><!-- endUmbMacro -->" tags in tinyMCE or why the "Length cannot be less than zero.Parameter name: length" error is being thrown when trying to save the content when these tags have been stripped.

I'm trying to upgrade to version 4.7.0 but this issue has me at a stand still.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-Gregg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft