Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kjeldsen 11 posts 25 karma points
    May 27, 2009 @ 18:04
    Kjeldsen

Backend UI unstable...periodic errors...

Hi Umbracians,

I have this project only a few days from production launch deadline, and our text editor has great difficulties with using the site editor.

There are lot of periodic errors, among some are:
    - the editor hangs and I cannot log in
    - when I am logged in, the editor periodically hangs in the middle of ordinary tasks like displaying a node or expanding a subtree.

I can compensate for the latter by doing F5 refresh or in serious cases closing and reopening my browser. But it is a dreadful user experience.

Anyone who have similar experiences - or, even better, know what to do, in order to improve the response from the editor?

Hope someone can help... :)

Brgds.
    Anders Kjeldsen

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    May 27, 2009 @ 18:30
    dandrayne

What version of umbraco? And what browser is your editor using?

I may not be able to help with your problem, but anyone who will probably needs this information!

By "the editor hangs" what exactly does your editor mean? TinyMCE locks up? Or the whole admin interface locks up?

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    May 27, 2009 @ 22:04
    Daniel Lindstrom

Any chance you have Firebug enabled?

I have a lot of problems if I use the admin area in Firefox with Firebug enabled, and this problem occurs on every site.

Without firebug enabled it always works perfectly everytime, in IE, FF and Safari, the latter two on both Win and Mac. I'm using v4.0.1.

• Kjeldsen 11 posts 25 karma points
    May 28, 2009 @ 00:30
    Kjeldsen

Hi again and thanks for your replies.

I see that I forgot to mention some basic information:

The site is an Umbraco 4.0.1 installation.
    I use Internet Explorer 7.0 myself, sometimes Firefox too.
    Our writer sits on an Explorer 8.0 Win XP.

By "the editor" I mean specificially the Content Tree in the Umbraco backend UI.
    Examples are when I click to expand the tree or click to open a node. Then the clock icon keeps going infinitely - or it appears to do so, at least.

I guess our textwriter sits on one of the platforms that you mention, but Im quite convinced he hasn't got any technical tools like Firebug etc. installed.
    I will try to look over his shoulder and see what is goping on.

Brgds.
    Anders

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft