Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bradley 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 15:02
    bradley

Caching umbraco.config and umbracoSettings.config

Hi All

The above is a simple representation of a configuration that i have set up for a site and I am getting strange behaviour that I do not understand and hope to get some more understanding here.

Web 1 and Web 2 are virtual web servers running windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition with Service pack 1 installed that both point to a single file share on a separate machine.  There is also a separate database server.

The situation - I can navigate to the admin section of Web 1 and make some content changes, publish them and they are immediately available on Web1.  The umbraco.config file is correctly updated as expected.

However, Web 2 does not reflect these changes immediately.  In IIS7 on both servers Response caching has been turned off at the server level and the site level.  I have also tried setting "Maximum cached response...." to 0.  Once I do an IIS reset, the content in available on Web 2 but for obvious reasons this is not a solution.

So my question is, where could this caching be heppening?  Are there some other settings in umbracoSettings.config or elsewhere that I should be looking at to alleviate this problem?

Thanks

Bradley

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft