Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• muffinman 3 posts 20 karma points
    Jun 11, 2009 @ 15:27
    muffinman

How to get the wonders of umbraco on a big site

Hi,

We are seriously comtemplating using umbraco but the content on our website is huge. Could you some people please have ago at the following jumble of questions.

1. How do I ass debsite wide design images, such as those in those used in the css as media types to be managed by umbraco. Currently I have manually uploaded them as the advice on these forums seems to describe.

2. How do I allow .swf to be a media type so I can embed various applications into our website.

3. We have alot of small database driven applications in vb, vb.net 1.1, and c# and currently developing something which is looking to be developed in c# .net 3.5. How do I get all these applications to sit comfortably within umbraco?

4. How do import masses of content to umbraco, both structure and content. This will also include the masses of images we have. I guess structure of the current website will need to be maintained to avoid breaking all those image links.

5. How do I add individual css links for one off pages such as those that contain flash objects.

Thanks,

MuffinMan

• Jameskn 64 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 11, 2009 @ 16:08
    Jameskn
    1. How do I ass debsite wide design images, such as those in those used in the css as media types to be managed by umbraco. Currently I have manually uploaded them as the advice on these forums seems to describe.

You just add them normally in umbraco and change around your templates.

2) How do I allow .swf to be a media type so I can embed various applications into our website.

Assuming you just want to edit the page to allow these in, you can uploaded them as file media and then referenced them using the HTML view rather than the gui.

2. We have alot of small database driven applications in vb, vb.net 1.1, and c# and currently developing something which is looking to be developed in c# .net 3.5. How do I get all these applications to sit comfortably within umbraco?

I converted mine in usercontrols as a project to manage these better.

3. How do import masses of content to umbraco, both structure and content. This will also include the masses of images we have. I guess structure of the current website will need to be maintained to avoid breaking all those image links.

I wrote a usercontrol which was effectivily a script which uploaded all my content in they also have Umbimport package which is also very good. Uploading images there is a MultipleUpload add on if you search this forum you should find.

4. How do I add individual css links for one off pages such as those that contain flash objects.

Just edit the HTML directly in the rich text editor.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft