home

- about

-products

-contact

home

about

products

contact

Are there differences between the two structure? Why every site that i have seen uses the first?

bye

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 10:29
    Jonny Irwin

I have a colleague who argues the same point! 

One reason that I would go for the top structure is to make things less confusing for content editors.  If you use the home node as the top level of your site you are able to restrict the content editors to only being able to add content only as defined by the structure assigned in documnet types i.e. top level pages can only be added if their document type is allowed under the home node. 

If all your top level pages are directly under the root, rather than the home node, content editors will have permission to add content nodes based on any document type which could get very confusing.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 10:34
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Fabio,

The first one is much better w/ respect to supporting more than one site in the same installation, whereas the second one becomes a royal mess when you (eventually) need to do a second version (whether that being language-based or mobile, other type).

/Chriztian

• Fabio Blardone 79 posts 98 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 09:34
    Fabio Blardone

Thank you guys!

Sorry for (maybe) a supid question. I've the followiong structure:

IT
       Home

EN
       Home

How can i show Home under IT when a user digit the address of the site?

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 14:47
    Roel Snetselaar

You could add a hostname in Umbraco. Right click on the "IT" node and click on "Manage hostnames" 

Also I love this blog post by Sebastiaan for the "ultimate" site structure: http://cultiv.nl/blog/2010/12/19/tip-of-the-week-the-ultimate-site-structure-setup/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft