Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• praveity 100 posts 125 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 06:41
    praveity

Asp.net controls does not work in Custom Section

Hi to all,

I would like to do insert/update or delete on the database table in the Umbraco backend. So I made a custom section and loaded the rows of table in the right content pane. I had use gridview control for this purpose. Now I want the functionality of delete, update or insert but none of the events fires. Also I could even do the simple sorting on gridview. 

It seems like umbraco overrides those as I could see my buttons just refresh the page. On hover theres a javascript function being fired.

e.g. javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$body$gbTagsTable','Sort$value')

How can do edit/ sort the asp.net gridview on Umbraco?

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Aug 14, 2011 @ 11:05
    Shaun

Did you ever get a response to this? I realise there's a bug in thedashboard.config that stops postback functionality in any controls placed on the dash, but I've removed that bit of the config and I'm still not seeing sorting work on a gridview.

Anyone else noticed this?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2011 @ 14:23
    Dirk De Grave

pravity,

Just for sake of testing, have you tried to run your grid on a asp.net page, not running inside the umbraco context, either in a different asp.net app, or make sure umbraco "ignores" your page by changing the key umbracoReservedUrls/umbracoReservedPaths in the web.config.

@Shaun: I think you're referring to the fact, that, once you add multiple dashboard controls (requiring postbacks) on the content section dashboard, events aren"t firing because there's no postback initiated, this is due to the fact that the first control (to change the user's password) has field validators which disallow posting back if not supplied. Removing that control and making sure you set validationgroup on your own custom controls fixes that.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft