Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Palenshus 39 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 02:57
    Craig Palenshus

Any tools available to make managing a site from a mobile phone easier?

We're just about finished building a newspaper site in umbraco 4.7 and it is important to the customer that they allow trusted sources to log onto their site and post photos and breaking news stories from their mobile phones.

Problem is, I have an Android phone and I can't for the life of me figure out how to select content in the backoffice. I can select nodes, but I can't expand the nodes to get to the child content.

Also, I touched the "Create" button to add new content. I was able to drill down to the node to add my content to, name the new page, choose the document type and create the page, but the first thing I wanted to do was upload a photo and the DigiBiz media picker was impossible to select the type of file I wanted to upload so I wasn't able to submit a photo. So I went to the Media section, uploaded the photo successfully from there, but because I couldn't expand the Home node to drill down to the page I added, it was impossible to get back to my document to add the photo to it. Argh!

I've looked for a simple Android app that would be the equivalent of Windows Live Writer to make submitting a simple blog post easy, but I can't even find any apps that work with anything outside of Wordpress or Blogger.

I'm planning on looking into this from the iPhone tomorrow, but would love to know if anyone has been successful from mobile or specifically Android OS and how they did it.

Has anyone cracked this nut?

Jun 14, 2011 @ 15:28
    Craig Palenshus

TinyMCE doesn't work from iPhone or Android with softkeyboard. It recognizes the field as text, but doesn't popup a keyboard.

Jun 14, 2011 @ 18:19
    Craig Palenshus

Blog.net iPhone app by TSWE looks like it might work, but no matter what setting I set in the app, the post always gets published as a draft. It won't go live.

I've still been unable to find any tool like this on Android.

Even if I do get this to work, it won't be a perfect solution because I have a feature photo as a separate field and using a MetaBlogApi tool I don't believe its possible to have a feature photo.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft