Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 19:08
    Stephen

Strange Publish an UnPublish behavior?

Currently on our server:

If I unpublish a parent node, then all children are no more visible yet in the system they remain "published". If I re-publish the parent node, then all children are not inserted into the cache automatically ie. their status is "published" but they are not visible, until I do a "publish all" on the site's root node.
    Is this the normal behavior?
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 19:13
    Stephen

Trying to be more explicit :

Unpublish parent: all children turn grey in the tree but their internal status remain "published".

Re-publish parent (only) : all children turn back to black in the tree, so they look like they are published, BUT they are not in the xml cache.

Re-publish parent and children : everything's OK.

It is confusing to users because from what they see, the node is published, yet it does not show on the site.

I'm wondering whether this is the normal, expected behavior (with 4.7), or if something's wrong with our setup.

Jun 23, 2011 @ 19:19
    Stephen

From what I can see in Umbraco's code, unpublishing a node does not unpublish (from a database standpoint) its children. And publishing a node does not seem to recursively refresh the cache. So what we see would be the normal behavior. Can anyone confirm? Because then, to me it is a bug.

• M 33 posts 91 karma points
    Jun 29, 2013 @ 07:20
    M

did you find ay solutiong or workaround to this? I seem to have the similar issue. If the internal status of node is 'published', the search indexing includes that in search results - giving links to non existing pages! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft