Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 22:04
    aaronb

Can any bulk upload plugin create content nodes (not media nodes)

I see a couple of plugins which let you bulk upload files to the media section. A site I'm working on has the photo gallery set up as content nodes, with the images being an 'upload' data type. There's other associated content with each one.

Is there anything that exists which would allow me to bulk upload several images, creating content nodes with the image filenames, and adding the image to the upload field while leaving everything else blank?

• Trevor Loader 199 posts 256 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 22:23
    Trevor Loader

There was a starter kit a few years ago that did exactly that for 'albums'.

I can't recall which starter kit...but I've got a funny idea that it stopped working from about v4.5.

Can anyone else remember?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 22:24
    Tom Fulton

You could check out the Mass Uploader package - I haven't used it so I'm not sure if it'll do anything you need, but might be a nice starting point.

-Tom

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 09:20
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

CMSImport Pro might also be an option for you. If you upload a csv/excel file or any other of the supported datasources with content and a reference to the file CMSmport Pro will import the files for you. Nice thing is that you can also import extra information and map that to the other content fields for descriptions, node names etc.

You might want to checkout this video

In any other case the Mass Uploader package should be the way to go.

Cheers,

Richard

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 13:51
    Tom Fulton

Ah, forgot to mention CMS Import.  I can confirm I've used it before to import a CSV file to both upload and media picker fields, and it worked like a charm!

-Tom

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 16:04
    aaronb

Thanks guys, you may have actually solved another problem I'm having with that CMS import pro. Mass uploader seems like it might do the trick for this first issue.

Really appreciate the help!

• qingfeng 8 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 25, 2011 @ 02:43
    qingfeng

I will try it,you konw i looking for it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft