Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saintwright 69 posts 77 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 03:01
    saintwright

TinyMCE disapeared From content

Hi I have installed and uninstalled ucomenents as the Rich Text editor (TintMCE) has disapeared from my contanet area pages......

All the js files are there - not sure why it is not showing up.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 11:10
    Tim

I had this with another package (one of the tagging ones). I installed and it killed the RichText editor. The way I fixed it was to go through the bin folder and look for the DLLs from the project, that hadn't been removed by the install. For uComment, the DLL is called "UComment.dll".

Hope that helps!

Jul 05, 2011 @ 11:15
    saintwright

I have removed the DLL for uComponents, just wondering if I need to copy over some files from a clean install - maybe the Umbraco and Umbraco Client folder files - would this f*ck up my site.... the site is ready to show the cleint so I need to sort something out quickly.

UComment has been working fine for me - its uComponents that is the issue.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 11:18
    Tim

I'd be careful doing that, as you may overwrite config and other files that have been updated since the site was set up. Take a backup of the site first!

After you removed the DLL, make sure you do a Ctrl + F5 in the browser to make sure it reloads everything properly just to make sure that it wasn't caching anything.

Jul 05, 2011 @ 11:25
    saintwright

I have forced a refresh - I am not really sure what else to do... I can see the Text Area using Firebug - and the JS stuff for TinyMCE but it just does not show up.

What other files do installed packages affect?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft