Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 11:36
    Phil

Restricting access to nodes within "Settings" tab

Is it possible to restrict access to individual nodes within the Settings section in a similar way to how it is for the Content section?

I want to give the front end web designers access to certain nodes within the Settings section, such as the Stylesheets and Scripts, but not others, such as the Templates or Document Types, which are used by the back end developers.

In the Users section, it allows me to restrict access to individual pages and nodes within the Content, but for the other sections you only seem to be able to grant access to sections within the users node, but not to individual nodes within those sections. Is there a way around this?

• David Dupont 61 posts 115 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:16
    David Dupont

Hello,

That kind of restriction is not actually possible on Umbraco but I've done something similar for a client who wanted to customize js and css on his the site.
    Best way to do it is to provide them an ftp access on a custom script file and a custom css file to allow them to add their custom scripts and css.

Then you add a call to these css and script files in your masterpage after yours.

This approach allow you to continue to version your css and sripts and to quickly know if a break on the site is due to customs files.

In case an issue happened you just have to remove the custom calls and see if it solve the problem.

Hope this will help.

Regards

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:50
    Tim

Another option is to set up a new section that has the scripts and css section in it. This requires a good knowledge of asp.net and umbraco's tables though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft