Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sander van de Pas 74 posts 147 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:38
    Sander van de Pas

Disabled users not displayed in Users tab?!

For some users a temporary set their 'Disable Umbraco Access' and 'Disable User' to false, so they couldn't log in. At the end of the day I wanted to give them back their acces, but they don't disappear anymore in the Users tab!

When I look in the database, they are still there!!

Anybody already knows this issue and have a solution??

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:44
    Tim

From 4.7 onwards they're removed from the tree. In prior versions they were just greyed out. As far as I know the only way to reactivate them is to go into the umbracoUser table and set userDisabled back to 0, as you can't see them in the UI any more.

Hope that helps!

:)

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:45
    Dirk De Grave

Sander,

Sounds weird, could you also provide umbraco version? Can you repro this on a clean install? If so, I'd suggest to report this issue on Codeplex.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Thomas 49 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Jul 19, 2011 @ 16:08
    Thomas

Hi - it's a definite bug - in \umbraco\presentation\umbraco\Trees\loadUsers.cs (which loads the users for the tree control) at line 72 there's a if (!u.Disabled) check - switching this off loads all users.

• Alex 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:28
    Alex

Removing from the tree but leaving them in the database is hardly consistent. If you disable a login it shouldnt delete the user (rather have a remove user option to do that). If you select the login disabled it should do what it used to and grey out the user. 

I fail to see how this is a sound setup , disabling a user removes it from the UI but leaves it in the database is ridiculous

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 20:25
    Eric Schrepel

Tho this is a couple years (and versions: 7.5.11) later, still inconsistent problems showing disabled or inactive users in the UI.

We had an issue with a user account that somehow got marked as inactive (not just disabled). Was only able to show that account after installing the Bulk User Admin plugin package, but even with that package, can't re-activate the account.

There needs to be an easier way to manage user accounts that get either disabled or deactivated.

(This is all in relation to Umbraco's still-inconsistent validation when creating a new user or changing a user's email; it corrupted two user accounts by not prompting that an email / login name already existed, then seemed to deactivate the original user account.)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft