Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:45
    Pete

Multiple Sites Architecture and administering

Hi all.

Just researching umbraco and multiple sites - we've got an ever increasing number of umbraco orders, at the moment we've got 3 on our server using multiple sites on one umbraco installation.

What's best practice for the future when there's 10, 20...100 sites, and we want to host on our server?

A database in sql server for each site?

I should think it would be far too complicated having 100 sites on one umbraco admin/installation.

Thanks, Pete

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 23:46
    Pete

I actually found quite a few posts and discussions about this topic on google and the forum, It sounds like multiple installations is the way to go, ie one installation/db per site.

• Waylon Martinez 12 posts 37 karma points
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 02:05
    Waylon Martinez

We have defined an internal standard of running only 10-15 sites per umbraco instance considering most of our site have between 20-50 pages per site. I have found it easier to save off the templates, document types, css and such as a package so that getting another version up an running quickly with the needed packages will be much easier.

• Bill Smith 52 posts 222 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:37
    Bill Smith

I have been asked to add a Ucommerce to an Umbraco installation consisting of multiple sites. I only wish to add this to one of the sites but all the sites use the same IP, port and physical path. Where do I add the Ucommerce site so thatit belongs only to one of the sites

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 22:09
    gary

Hi Bill

You may receive an answer quicker in the uCommerce Forum, here, http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ucommerce/ucommerce-support

Or alternatively contact them direct at http://www.ucommerce.dk/

They will be able to give you all you need and are great people.

Regards G

• Bill Smith 52 posts 222 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 19:13
    Bill Smith

Many thanks Gary, I appreciate your comments and advice.

Bill

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft