Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Stueve 30 posts 49 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 19:07
    Matt Stueve

Segmented Administrator Users?

Hi all,

We have an Umbraco instance that stores a bit of content for multiple clients. Each client has its own start node in the content tree and we're easily able to segment users off to only manage their own sections of content.

However, we would like to create an admin user for each of these clients that is able to create additional user accounts for their own area. So if I am super admin I can create an admin user for Client A and an admin user for Client B. When Client A Admin logs in, he can create additional users that are only able to see Client A's content and he does not have any visibility into Client B's users at all.

Is this possible? I did some googling but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Matt

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 08:42
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Matt,

There is no easy way to solve this I guess. What you could do is hide any information for the other client using the event system. This requires that each member has some property that you can use to identify the company and in any other case maybe build a custom section, this will be a lot of work .

Cheers,

Richard

• Matt Stueve 30 posts 49 karma points
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 19:04
    Matt Stueve

Thanks for the reply, Richard.

I assumed this was probably the case but wanted to throw the question out there in case others may have run into the same issue in the past. Thanks for the feedback and I'll keep those options in mind moving forward.

thanks again,
    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft