Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dana 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 23:58
    Dana

customize login page

This is probably a silly question, but I'm not an asp developer, so I don't follow how the login.aspx page is configured.

I've got two installations of Umbraco for two versions of the same site. I'd like to modify the login page so that after "Welcome..." it tells me which site I'm logging into.

I know there's a simple answer out there.

Thanks dudes!

dana

Aug 11, 2011 @ 23:07
    Dana

Nothing?

/\

It would be nice to modify the title metadata too, so when I'm working side-by-side the tabs in my browser say something more specific than "Content - Umbraco CMS."

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 23:25
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Dana,

Im afraid you may need some developer skills, but it should not be too hard.

Im not sure which versions of Umbraco you are running but what you could do is create a dashboard which is displayed on the first page after login.

You can read more on this here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/dashboardconfig

A quick and dirty solution is to make changes to the umbraco.aspx file in the umbraco folder on the file system: in this file you can update the title, but you could also hardcode the version at the top bar, so it is shown next to the search box or about button..

Just an idea. Do keep in mind though that this file may be overwritten during updates, so tread carefully :)

Aug 23, 2011 @ 23:23
    Dana

Thanks. That's very helpful.

I'm running a very old version, and I think the real solution is to upgrade, rather than messing with tiny details. But the dashboard config info will come in quite handy down the road.

dl

• Barry 7 posts 94 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 02, 2016 @ 07:07
    Barry

I realise this is a really old post, but in case anyone finds it useful, uWhitelabel package does this for v7: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/uwhitelabel/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft