Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 02:29
    CodeMaster2008

Keeping a clean and well mainteined installation

Hi there;

I believe the core team (who does an awesome job by the way) has its reasons to keep some important stuff out of the umbraco backend. I want to start saying that I'm not here to argue about the reasons it is not there but to try to understand how people are leaving or dealing with it, even though I bleive those are essentials and should be part of the project.

Logging

We all know how important it is to have a way to read logs from time to time but I'd like to know how people deal with the size of the logs. I could'nt find a way to limit it's size or prevent it from grow and on a busy site I'm sure it can scale to thousands of lines on a very short period of time.

Document Versions

Same thing that happens with logs. Since we can't define how many versions to keep, I will endup having dozens (or even hundreds) of versions of a document while 10 or 20 last edits would do the trick for me.

I believe (or hope) somebody out there has a way to automatically to these maintenance and cleanup tasks and would like to hear from you about it.

Thanks in advance;

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 04:15
    Jonas Eriksson

Hi,

there are some packages that helps, have a look at : http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/falm-housekeeping

Hth

Jonas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft