Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dwarakesh 50 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:06
    dwarakesh

Textbox in rich text box editor

I m new to umbraco..  I m copying Html design which consist of textbox into rich text editor.. but its getting disappeared .. plz let me know . how to do add html design with textbox in richtext editor.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:19
    Rich Green

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

I can't see why you would ever need to put a textbox into the Rich Text Editor, can you explain exactly what you're trying to do, seems like there might be a better way to do it.

Regards

Rich

Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:34
    dwarakesh

I m trying to add the following html

<ul>

<li class="meetabc_search_block"><input name="" type="text" class="meetabc_search_textbox"/> </li>

<li><input name="" type="image" src="images/meetabc_search_btn.jpg"/></li>

</ul>

in the rich text box editor ... but the above thing gets disappeared once i publish it in rich text editor...

Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:37
    Rich Green

Hi,

Sorry not to answer your question directly but there should be no reason to put this directly in the Rich Text Editor, if you have to let your users input it this code (why is it not in a template?) then

Create a new Macro and have this text as either XSLT or Razor and then tick the box to allow users to use this Macro in a RTE, then hit the macro button and insert the macro into the RTE.

Rich

Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:46
    dwarakesh

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply.. i m new to umbraco.. i didn't understand about your methods.. can u give me a link for any sample to guide me thru the above points.

Aug 23, 2011 @ 15:56
    Aug 24, 2011 @ 06:39
    dwarakesh

Hi

I have seen the tutorial video..  can i display the label and textbox thru macro.. if it is so.. how can i make user to change the text of label since both label and textbox are displayed using macro....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft