Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Wu 19 posts 79 karma points
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 16:48
    Jamie Wu

Domain setup on Azure for multiple sites

Hi there,

I have been struggling for a while on this problem....

We setup an umbraco installation on Windows Azure. It will host many websites and each one has their own domain. I have setup domain's CNAME to Azure server for DNS and 'manage domains' for one of sites on umbraco. 

However the site doesn't come across on the domain. There is only few info talking about domains setting on Azure. Anyone using umbraco on Azure figured it out? 

Thanks

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 17:06
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Jamie,

That's indeed a known issue.

I'm not sure if someone has come up with a better solution, but the code @sitereactor posted on codeplex is a good work-around:

http://waacceleratorumbraco.codeplex.com/discussions/254223

Grtz

L

• Pravinkumar 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 21:39
    Pravinkumar

Hello,

Is there any solution still? I have deployed our umbraco website to azure but only the parent site (umbraco admin page) works. The other sites in umbraco dont work. I downloaded the code from waacceleratorumbraco.codeplex.com/.../254223. Also, have setup domain's CNAME to Azure server for DNS and 'manage domains' for one of sites on umbraco.

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 22:13
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Pravin,

The current version of the accelerator still does not support multiple domain names. It has already been included in the next milestone (ref https://github.com/WindowsAzure-Accelerators/wa-accelerator-umbraco/issues/8) so if you grab and build the source code you should be able to configure multiple domains in the sites.xml file, although I'm not sure if that version is already (completely) stable.

We are currently still using v1.0.1 to which we added @sitereactor's implementation for multiple sites, and that still works for us. If you want I can send over a copy of our accelerator project with some pointers on how to configure it, just let me know your email.

Grtz

L

• Pravinkumar 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 23:01
    Pravinkumar

Hi Lennart,

Thanks for your quick reply. My email address is [email protected]. Could you please send us a copy of accelerator project?

Thanks once again,

Pravin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft