Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• firepol 125 posts 173 karma points
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 09:30
    firepol

sorted nodes order not always updated in frontend

Hi,

I'm using umbraco 4.7.

I was just reported by my boss, that when he (or the customer) sorts the nodes in the backend, and then goes to the frontend to check the changes, sometimes the nodes don't show up in the new order.

I told him that probably he can fix this by going to "Content", right click and then choose "Republish entire website". He told me he knows this and wanna know if this is a "known bug" of umbraco. So then he can tell the customer.

Can you give me some feedback?

If this is not a known bug I can file a bug report then. Thanks

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 09:55
    Rasmus Berntsen

Well... It is a known "bug". Why would they make the "Republish Entire Website"-function, if it was useless? :-)

• firepol 125 posts 173 karma points
    Sep 07, 2011 @ 15:44
    firepol

well, for what I know "republish entire website" is useful when I manually delete the umbraco.config file (needed for example when I migrate an umbraco installation from an old database to a new one -for example when recovering a database backup-).

But the normal case, at least for the sort functions, should not require to republish the entire website. It's like suggesting to reboot your computer everytime a small problem occurs. Yeah it may solve it but it makes sense to correct the problem as well.

What a pity I can't reproduce this, but asap I can I guess I'll file a bug report.

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Sep 07, 2011 @ 16:52
    Rasmus Berntsen

You are right, indeed. I guess that it's not the focus right now. I was introduced to the "Republish..."-function at the Level 1 certification, and was told to use it, when the XML was wrong - like your sort order. Maybe it will be fixed in v5, who knows. :)

/Berntsen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft