Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 01:13
    Nate

No nodes under main content after 4.7.1 upgrade

We just upgraded our site from 4.5.0 to 4.7.1.  The site works fine, but we can't get any of the nodes under or main content node in the backend.

I used firebug to figure out the script error and found the page that it's trying to hit and the error.  Does anyone know how to fix this or what I might try?

/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=b38e5181606c4e7a8833da8efcee55f3&id=1137&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=54.2%20500

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.get_UserId() +22
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseContentTree.GetUserActionsForNode(Document dd) +45
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseContentTree.Render(XmlTree& Tree) +114
       umbraco.loadContent.Render(XmlTree& tree) +19
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +75
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +140
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +55
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 01:53
    Nate

Fixed.  Some of the nodes had a user that was deleted.  I changed the userIDs on those nodes to the ones there were in umbraco and it worked.

• fabrice 104 posts 227 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:27
    fabrice

Thanks, you just solved my problem :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft