Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Toni Becker 146 posts 425 karma points
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 08:29
    Toni Becker

Mobile UI - Startup and Inputs please put in here

The fact that umbraco lacks one important thing for me is to edit my pages from my galaxy s. So where is my right click feature? It's not there because i can't do the right click. Content windows are oversized and not good to handle etc.

So i start developing an android app or something like a "small sized" mobile easy version html webpage with nice big tabs.

Need some routines to read out the data from my current site or other client sites to make it dynamically.

Inputs how to solve the problems are Welcome.

What about using WCF or something like RIA (Silverlight/Flash) or going straigth with HTML5 RIA?

What would the community say?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 09:18
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Toni,

Perhaps it's a good idea to collaborate with these projects:

umbraco4android: http://code.google.com/p/umbraco4android/

Umbraco for Windows Phone (prodigy): http://prodigy.codeplex.com/

Jeroen

Oct 06, 2011 @ 09:31
    Toni Becker

hmm there's still nothing happened in those 2 projects :/ or do you have other informations about this

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 09:41
    Jeroen Breuer

Nope sorry that's all I know. 

They once said that in Umbraco 4.6 there would be an api called prodigy, but after that I've never heard from it again.

Jeroen

Oct 07, 2011 @ 08:29
    Toni Becker

Hmm okay. Looked out through google but nothing interesting found. So where can i get some informations about prodigy or should i use base or maybe webservices?

I think in times of smartphones and tablets it's necessary that u can use a cms in that way. I don't like the way of using API or frontend usercontrol driven event combined forms, not enough control and security for my "backofficers"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft