Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MHH311 23 posts 43 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 16:50
    MHH311

Setting LOGIN as landing page for access to rest of site.

I am a new user to Umbraco and am working with the Kodiak Standard Site 1.1 to try and learn all that Umbraco can do. The startup package already had a pre-built LOGIN form so I setup a Member Type/Group and edited my config file and now I seem to be able to LOGIN properly.

However, for a site I am about to build for a client, I need to have my "home" or web site landing page be the LOGIN page. When they hit the LOGIN page, the menu system will be hidden until they LOGIN and then the user can see the menu system and can access the web site.

Is there any easy way in the CONTENT section to change the heirarchy of things to easily accomplish this? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 16:58
    MHH311

I should add that I was able to force the user to login by adding Role Based protection to the Home Page Root node so when you go to the web site, you must login before you can access any page. However, I would like the menu system to be hidden until a user logs in.

Is there a way to hide my Navigation Macro until a user is logged in?

• Thijs 97 posts 117 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:09
    Thijs

Surround your navigation macro with this:

<xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() = true()">

<!-- show the navigation-->

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

<!-- Don't show the navigation-->

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:11
    MHH311

So i found a way to do this faster than I thought... Like I posted about I added  Role Based Protection so force a user login for the entire Menu Heirarchy.... then in the Master page where I would load the Nav Macro... I added the LoginView object around it so the menu would only load if user was logged in. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

===================================================

<asp:LoginView ID="LoginView1" runat="server">  
                     <LoggedInTemplate>

<umbraco:Macro ID="Macro2" PropertyAlias="primaryNavigation" Alias="RelatedLinksList" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

</LoggedInTemplate>
                    </asp:LoginView>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft