Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 238 posts 459 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 10:35
    seanrock

content tree with thousands of nodes

Hi

just curious if anyone has got a site with thousands of pages and if they've experienced any issues with the tree in the content section of the admin site?

• dalton 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 10:44
    dalton

I know of a company that added 12000 nodes and they have no problem with that. It would be a problem if you stick the pages all under 1 node. On this page you will see a package how to avoid that http://www.nibble.be/?p=30

Hope it helps you,

Richard

• Remco 5 posts 1 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 10:56
    Remco

Hi! We're that company :)

We added 12.000 articles in the blog engine. The tree get's a bit slow, we have to look into this, maybe someting with caching the tree, I think we disabled it because of the import. But just don't add them all in one node, that will certainly slow things down!

• Bert 128 posts 251 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 12:52
    Bert

At Codegarden Shannon explained the slow tree is being improved a lot. So even that little hickup will soon improve in future 4.x versions

• seanrock 238 posts 459 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 21:40
    seanrock

thanks guys!

• Matt Gilbert 24 posts 44 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 17:18
    Matt Gilbert

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but has there been any progress on this?

I'm still experiencing a very slow content tree rebuild on a site with 1000+ nodes, with Umbraco 4.7.0. Alphabet Folder seems like a clever workaround, but sort of silly and really should be unneccessary. I'm now contemplating creating my own user controls for members to create/update content rather than relying on the slow content admin interface, but if there's a way to optimize the admin interface, I'd much prefer that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft