Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dirk 13 posts 33 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 14:10
    Dirk

Issue when changing the nodeName.

The facts:

1) I changed the nodeName directly in the content section in the UI from "somename" to "1".
    2) my document cache (umbraco.config) is updated correctly. (nodeName="1" urlName="1")
    3) The doc is accesible through the nodeID "/1099"; ie there's nothing wrong with it.

The problem:

The 'new' url doesn't work.

What do you mean, "it doesn't work":

The "link to document" is broken "/1.aspx" in the Content section
    My XSLT sheet doesn't work anymore (using "NiceUrl") and neither does the .NET control (Response.Redirect(targetNode.url) I wrote.

What else can you tell me...:

I'm assuming that it didn't update the database when I changed the name.
    Making new documents, publishing and updating the document cache all works fine; so there's nothing wrong with the connectionstring as far as I know.
    I'm using "umbraco v 4.5.2"  (I would update if I could, but it's not my call)

Anyone recoginzes this problem and knows how to solve it?  Many thanks in advance!

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 14:28
    Tom Fulton

Hi Dirk,

If I recall there are issues with having a node's name/URL being all numeric, because in the background umbraco is accessing nodes by their id, ie /1101.aspx, so I think if your node's "nice" URL is all dynamic it will think it's looking for a node id.

If you change it to an actual string does it work?

-Tom

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 14:30
    Tom Fulton

Yep...here's the bug on codeplex:  http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/25741

As a workaround you can set umbracoUseDirectoryUrls to true, so the NiceUrl will read /1099/ instead of /1099.aspx.  And according to the comments apparently it's only an issue on root nodes (ie /2009.aspx vs /sub-page/2009.aspx)

• Dirk 13 posts 33 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 15:03
    Dirk

Yes!  I've Added letters to the names and everything works.  That's good to know and easy to fix.
    Putting the nodes under a sub also seems to work; something to keep in mind when users can create their own pages etc...

Thanks a lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft