Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip De Vita 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 23:18
    Phillip De Vita

Javascript Text Toggle?

Is it possible to use a Javascript Text toggle but still have it editable for a user using the CMS content editor? I have created a HTML page for a client who uses Umbraco for their site but wishes to have a text toggle for their Executive Bios page. Basically a person visiting the site would click on the name and title of the executive to show/hide their bio. Problem I'm having is how to translate that to the content editor since the Javascript works by shoing and hiding the content seperated in different DIVs. Is there shortcode that exists that can be placed directly into the content editor to do this? Something like:

[toggle title="CEO Name & Title" color=gray]Bio Content[/toggle]
  • Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 00:01
    Chriztian Steinmeier

This is much better accomplished by a separate "Executives" section in Umbraco, i.e., create the document types "Executives" and "Executive", then add the appropriate fields, and let them create each executive as a separate document.

Then you can render them all in one page, with a flawless Javascript toggle, without worrying about them getting the codes wrong etc.

/Chriztian

• Phillip De Vita 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 17:33
    Phillip De Vita

Thanks. I think the main goal for them though is to maintain the site themselves and only use me for major edits.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft