Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Suja Shyam 14 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 13:43
    Suja Shyam

Edit menu in umbraco site

I need to support a site made using umbraco. am a total newbie in umbraco. let me explain my scenario. I have left have menu which is used to navigate to different pages. Now i need to change one menu item to navigate to a different page. How is this posible?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 03, 2011 @ 10:32
    Tim

Hi,

That would depend very much on how the site has been written. Its likely though that there's an XSLT macro (or Razor if its a more recent site) that contains all of the code for generating the menus. You'll need to go into the settings section and look at you page templates. Find the template that has the navigation in it, and make a not of the macro name for the navigation.

You can then go into the developers section of the site and look at the macro to see how the navigation is built. Once you've looked at that code, you should be able to see how the navigation is built and be able to make changes!

I'd recommend reading through the Wiki to find out about Macros and the basics of how Umbraco works. There's also an excellent book available as well if you'll be supporting the site long term.

Hope that helps!

:)

Nov 03, 2011 @ 11:08
    Suja Shyam

Iam not able to get an idea seeing through the xslt file. I shall share the file with u so that u can take a look to it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:variable name="source" select="/macro/source"/>

<xsl:template match="/">    
        <xsl:variable name="pages" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById($source)/*[@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(includeInMainNavigation) = '1']"/>
        <xsl:variable name="pagesNodeSet" select="msxml:node-set($pages)"/>

<div id="main_navigation" class="jqueryslidemenu unitPng">
          <ul>
            <li><a href="/">Home</a></li>
            <xsl:for-each select="$pagesNodeSet">
              <xsl:sort select="./@sortOrder" data-type="text" order="ascending"/>
              <li>
                <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(./@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="./title"/></a>
                <xsl:if test="count(./*[@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(includeInMainNavigation) = '1']) &gt; 0">
                  <ul class="sub-menu">
                    <xsl:for-each select="./*[@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(includeInMainNavigation) = '1']">
                      <xsl:sort select="./@sortOrder" data-type="text" order="ascending"/>
                      <li><a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(./@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="./title"/></a></li>               
                    </xsl:for-each>
                  </ul>
                </xsl:if>
              </li>
            </xsl:for-each>
          </ul>
        </div>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

In this i need Automotive to change link to Range Extenders. Change the "Engine" link to an external site. Can this be done by changing this xslt. But this xslt seems to be dynamically generated when creating the site. Pleas help me on this.

Nov 07, 2011 @ 06:54
    Suja Shyam

Can anyone help on this?

• Manjeet Singh 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 13:51
    Manjeet Singh

Hi Shyam,

I have same problem like this can not able to find the way that how to navigate menu's in umbraco.

if you find any solution please send me on [email protected]

redgard's

Manjeet

• isaac 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 08, 2016 @ 15:46
    isaac

Content -> Home -> Site Settings

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft