Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DotNetPervert 18 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 28, 2009 @ 06:37
    DotNetPervert

Creating pages with restricted access

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to create a page with a username / password that only certain users can access that have membership in umbraco. I know this can be done but have not managed to find an article on it, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Any info will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers!

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12863 karma points MVP
    Jun 28, 2009 @ 08:48
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

In Umbraco right click on the node that you want to protect. Then select the Public access option. A dialog will appear where you can select single or role based protection. Select the role based protection and assign the member group. Also you can specify the login page and error page(used when a member is logged in but doesn't have access).

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• DotNetPervert 18 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 07:01
    DotNetPervert

Thanks for that!

I had a look and I think given what I'm trying to do I am better off going with the Single User Protection instead of role based as it is a one off thing only.

However it asks me to point it to a page that will contain the username/apssword textboxes. So this means I have to create one myself, right? If so, then how do I go about creating such a page, where do I send the suername/password values to once the user fills them in and clicks on Login?

Thank you.

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 07:21
    Lee

This might hlelp - I have it bookmarked for when I give this a go

http://www.mortenbock.dk/setting-up-membership-in-umbraco-116.htm

• David Austin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 27, 2012 @ 23:52
    David Austin

Thanks for explaining how to create the role-based access.  I can make it work fine.  I would also like to hide the menu item that is restricted.  Is there also a simple way to hide the menu item from anonymous users and then show the menu item again after log in?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft