Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• olst 69 posts 88 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 18:10
    olst

registration process through paypal or direct credit card payment ...

Hi.

I have the following scenario:

I need to setup a paid registration mechanism using paypal or other vendors, also support if possible direct credit card payment. Only paying members will be allowed to see certain content in the website ...

Is there a package for that in umbraco ? I've heard of uCommerce... is this a viable option for this scenario ? does it include a monthly payment using paypal or other method ? and annual payment ?

Maybe some other packages instead for my case ?

Thanks...

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 18:32
    Justin Spradlin

I recently did something like this using uCommerce. I didn't use the PayPal subscription though, because the site owners wanted users to purchase 1-6 months without the auto-renew options. My application was for a test prep site with premium content so the auto-renew did not fit our needs. You can check out the site at http://ptemasters.com

I had to do a couple of things to get this to work with uCommerce. 

1. Created a custom workflow step to move the items from New ==> Completed upon authorization. (uCommerce lets user Authorize payment but waits for you to manually move the item to the Competed queue to collect the payment using the PayPal api)
    2. Created a custom workflow step to handle payment received. Once I receive payment, I update the users roles in umbraco to include them in the "Premium" users group. This allows them to see all of the content that I have marked as restricted using the built in role base security on my nodes.

I am currently updating the process to allow for student pricing, (new SKUs ending in -EDU). This will add a new step in the checkout process. We will need to collect some information from the user that we will use to verify their student status. Once we collect this info, we will update our workflow step that auto completes orders to only auto-complete NON-EDU products. 

It is easy enough to customize the system to do exactly what you want. I don't think they support the PayPal subscriptions out of the box but I think Soren is open to doing that if enough interest is shown. There is also lots of documentation on how to implement your own payment provider if you want to create your own PayPal provider that handles the Subscriptions. 
    Let me know if you have any questions. 
    Justin
  • olst 69 posts 88 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 18:54
    olst

Thanks, justin,  for the detailed reply, looks very promising ...

I'l give uCommerce a try, and I'll probably have some questions in the process... cheers

p.s. good looking site :)

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 02:12
    Justin Spradlin

Thanks, if there is anything you have trouble with or question about feel free to ask. I'll try my best to help. It took a little while to get the hang of uCommerce but once it is setup it is really easy to customize. 

Good luck!

Justin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft