Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 07:43
    Nate
    0

    Umbraco won't publish on Azure

    This is a new problem for me.  I can't get anything I publish on Azure to show up on the site.  I have to re-start the azure instance for it to show up.  This happens for any content, new pages, ect.

    I'm guessing there's something wrong with the umbraco config file but I don't know what to do.

    This used to work on Azure. I'm on 4.7.1.

    Anyone have any idea of what I should try?

  • Mike Chambers 631 posts 1227 karma points c-trib
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:20
    Mike Chambers
    0

    If you have the standard umbraco accelerator setup, you will end up with 2 instances running your site... Hence you may be viewing the admin on one node and the frontend on another...

    This may help...

    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/installing-umbraco-for-load-balanced-environments to set up distributed calls.

    another approach is to turn off the inmemory xml cache, so that the site reads from the database in all instances, you only have one database so that should render the same content on whichever node. (from memory it's a couple of settings in umbracosettings.config to set to false)

    Other than that it could be a permissions issue, with app_data umbraco.config (the xml file for the site) not being able to be written to.. try deleting and restart the application pool to see if it regenerated, (I don't think this is your issue, as you restarting the app pool fixes your issue, sugesting that it's the inmemory xml cache on the two individual nodes that is becoming out of sync. as it would rebuild this on both node when you restart the azure instances)

     

    Hope this may help

     

  • Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 06:25
    Nate
    0

    Thanks Mike,

    I figured it out.  I turned on to default the back end to SSL.  I guess with that on you can't publish nodes on azure, probably a bug.  I turned it off and all is well again :).

  • Steve 15 posts 36 karma points
    Oct 11, 2012 @ 23:58
    Steve
    0

    Nate, I now face the same issue, can you give a little more detail on what you did so others benefit from your solution please.

  • Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 00:42
    Nate
    0

    Yah, there's a setting in the umbraco config to use SSL for the back end /umbraco/ system.  I had that on, but Azure didn't like it.  I turned that off and all was good again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft