Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 11 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:41
    Chris

Installing Media Uploader Package

Hi I'm a total newbie. I have the media uploader zip file. Which I think is a package. How do I upload it? Then what's supposed to happen next? Cheers, Chris.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris and welcome to our :)

In my answer beneath I assume you're a developer and that you have access to all sections in the Umbraco backoffice. If you can't see the "Developer" section then you will need to make someone else install the package for you.

When you're logged in to the Umbraco back office you can go to the "Developer" section and then expand the "packages" then you can see an option called "install local package". This is where you want to go in order to install the above mentioned zip file. Follow the instructions on the screen. When the packages has been uploaded and installed you'll get a notification about it.

If I remember what the above package is about correctly you'll get access to a dashboard in the "media" section where you can zip upload image files etc.

Btw, if you are using an Umbraco version from 4.5.x to 4.7.x you might also want to check out the desktop media uploader package (If you're using v4.7.x I think it comes with Umbraco out of the box)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft