Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 15:09
    Matthew Jarvis

Help with home pages within Umbraco

Hi, need some assistance as to manage home pages within an Umbraco install that currently features 3 different sites as per layout below which is an edited example.

Explaining the above, all will have different domain/hostnames.

Within Cars English Site I have created a page titled say 'English Home'.  What I need to know to do is if i tried to visit www.carsenglish.com how would I assign this ' English Home' page to be displayed.

Likewise within Cars German site there would be a page titled 'German Home', how would www.carsgerman.com show 'German Home'

Hope you guys can help

Many Thanks

• Duncan McDougall 35 posts 62 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 20:57
    Duncan McDougall

This is crazy easy in Umbraco thanks to the manage hostnames dialog. Basically if your right click on a home node you should see a 'manage hostnames option'. This basically sets the root node depending on the domain your coming from. More details here http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/running-multi-lingual-sites-under-a-single-domain

From this dialog you can also specify the language of the site if your making use of the dictionary. Warren's made a screencast about the dictionary magic here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbo0x81TqJQ

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 21:25
    Jan Skovgaard

+1 to Duncan's answer

When running multilingual sites you should also be aware that you should set the "useDomainPrefixes" value in the umbracoSettings.config file to true and of course you need to make sure the sites have been setup in IIS with the corresponding bindings.

/Jan

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 11:35
    Matthew Jarvis

That's great thanks guys, much appreciated

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft