Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 16:30
    Matthew Jarvis

umbracoRedirect Issue

Hi,

Experiencing what it seems to be a strange umbacoRedirect issue.  I currently have this as a propety on a document type with a content picker to choose the page that should be directed to. My site is structured as follows

Content

- English Site

- Home

- Some folder 1

- Some page 1

- Some folder 2

- Some page 2

- Welsh Site

- Another Site

The issue i've experienced is when I place on 'Some page 1' a redirect so that it points to 'Some page 2'.  This redirect affects every other page at the same level as 'Some page 1' (every page listed under 'Some Folder 1') so that every page also redirects.

Had a look around the forum but couldnt see anyone experiencing the same, any help much appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 21:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

what Umbraco version do you experience this issue on?

If it's an option then you might want to consider using the 301 Moved permanetly handler instead of umbracoRedirect since it is using 302 redirects, which as you may know are only intended for temporary redirects.

/Jan

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 11:34
    Matthew Jarvis

Using 4.7.0,

Manged to solve it afterwards.  Currently using the Pro Works Redirect package http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/proworks-redirect-page , the package has two options to redirect either a Local Redirect Location (via a content Picker) which uses umbracoRedirect or a URL.  I simply used the URL option which I guess would be used for external sites normally but it solved my problem.

For whatever reason the Local Redirect option using umbracoRedirect wouldnt work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft