Jonas Henriksen

Let members create image galleries from frontend

This is what I want

- Members login
    - Clicks CREATE GALLERY and fillout the following
      - Gallery name
      - Gallery description
      - Browse (select x images for upload)

The images should be uploaded to the Media section and a content node should be created containing Galley name, Gallery description, Media picker (folder with uploaded images is picked) and Member picker (Member that created the gallery is picked).

After creating the gallery the member should be able to delete the gallery (media + node) again.

Does any of you know how to solve this - or do this in another/better way?

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 12:11
    Stephen

by members do you mean CMS users or actual members...You should look at the excellent creative website starter kit which has image galleries exactly out the box as you want them.

You could create users who only have access to that/their node or with a little more work develop a members login code which handles this.

Cheers,

S

• Jonas Henriksen 32 posts 90 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 14:43
    Jonas Henriksen

Thanks Stephen. I'm quite familar with galleries for Umbraco (as User), but I want Memebers to login at frontend (no problem) and be able to create galleries. Any ideas?

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 15:09
    Stephen

My approach would be to create a user control that lets the logged in user interact with the content node for the galleries, replicating all the elements of the document type the only issue might be that each users galleries should be in thier own folder for clarity in the back end which i guess you could create using thier memeberID/name etc...or am i totally missing the point?

S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft