Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 88 posts 112 karma points
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 02:36
    John

Delete content in load balanced environment

Hi. I've got a master / slave environment setup and working fine for publishing content, however, when content is deleted from the Umbraco CMS instance the front-end instance doesn't seem to know about it.

Is this a bug? Should admins be un-publishing content before deleting to resolve this?

Cheers

Dec 15, 2011 @ 04:25
    John

Any thoughts?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 14:59
    Tom Fulton

Hi John,

I can't seem to reproduce this - when I right-click and delete a page, it's removed from the XML cache on both servers.  Anything special about your setup?  Using latest Umbraco (4.7.1)?

-Tom

Dec 16, 2011 @ 00:02
    John

Hi Tom,

No, nothing special. I think it's version 4.7.0 though, was waiting for 4.7.1.1 before I upgraded.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 16:02
    Tom Fulton

Hmm, not sure if maybe it's specific to 4.7 or not.

Have you checked your umbracoLog table when you delete a page?  It should have some info about "Submitting calls to distributed servers" and if successful:  "Distributed server push completed with no nodes reporting an error"

-Tom

Dec 19, 2011 @ 06:38
    John

Good thinking. There was an error:

Error refreshing a node in the distributed list: 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> The DELETE permission was denied on the object 'cmsContentXml'

The DB login I'm using for my front-end Umbraco instance only has read access to the Umbraco DB, hence the DELETE permission error. Still, the DELETE call should have already been made by the CMS instance (which has writer/dbo access to the DB). I've updated the front end access to also allow DELETE on cmsContentXml and this seems to have fixed things.

Weird, seeing as the DELETE call should have been successful from the first distributed server call - the one with full permission.

Thanks for your help.

• John Cruz 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:41
    John Cruz

Was anybody able to figure this error out? 

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> The DELETE permission was denied on the object 'cmsContentXml'

I am having the same issue because my front-end facing umbraco instance has read-only access to umbraco DB while my backend-facing umbraco instance has full permissions.

Should I just give both of them the same permissions?

Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:45
    John

John, you just need to also give your front end to allow DELETE on cmsContentXml and UPDATE on cmsPropertyData

Everything else can remain read only for the front end only instance

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft