Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 16:12
    Matthew Jarvis

Multi Site Help

Hi,

Currently running V4.7.0 and looking to have multi sites within 1 umbraco install.  My content is structured as followes:-

CONTENT

SITE A (manage hostnames used - SITE A.CO.UK)

Courses (within Umbraco, link to document = /courses/        Alternative Links=SITE A.CO.UK/courses)

SITE B (manage hostnames used - SITE B.CO.UK)

Courses (within Umbraco, link to document = /courses/      Alternative Links = SITE B.CO.UK/courses)

My issues lies around links to pages that have a same named page within another site as this example shows.

For example, if i was working in Site B and wanted to link to /courses found within Site B I have to link to the full URL Site B.co.uk/courses as if i was to link to /courses it would relate to the one found in Site A. How do I get around this?

This problem is particularly annoying espically when trying to implement a Sub Menu.  I have used the Umbraco built in XSLT file List Sub pages by Level for a navigation on Courses within Site B but addresses generated are as follows:- 

Site A.co.uk/Courses/SOME PAGE 1

Site A.co.uk/Courses/SOME PAGE 2

Site A.co.uk/Courses/SOME PAGE 3

I have set the following in my web.config file

<add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" />
        <add key="umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" value="true" />

Any help would be much appreciated.  I prefer to keep Top Level Node from Path as true

• Matthew Jarvis 129 posts 129 karma points
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 17:37
    Matthew Jarvis

Appear to have solved my problem by changing

<useDomainPrefixes>false</useDomainPrefixes> to true within Config/UmbracoSettings.config

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft