Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• All Blonde 86 posts 138 karma points
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:25
    All Blonde

Where is my content?

Hey guys, please do not bite my head off, I am new with this CMS.

Ok I installed it on my server and run admin part. Got simple Business starter kit and created bunch of content pages.

Now question- how on eart can I see that content pages if I do not see any new pages beyond admins on IIS?

Thanks

All.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi All

No need to be afraid that someone will bite your head of. This is the most friendly community on the planet :-)

I suppose you're in the backoffice right now, right? Then you should simple just enter the URL of your site like mysite.local or what you have setup in your IIS and then you should be able to see the actual homepage in the browser.

You of course need to make sure that all the content has been published. Therefore you should go to the root-node in the installation (right below the top "Content" node), right click it and select "Publish" and check the two fields that appear in the context menu and select to publish the nodes.

Now the nodes should all be in black text and you can go to the "properties" tab on one of your nodes and click the url to the page from there.

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:32
    All Blonde

Yes, I published all my content but when I entered my"website" name I got admin page open. That is it.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:34
    All Blonde

Actuall message on browser is:

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi All

How have you setup Umbraco? Is it possible for you to not install it as a virtual directory but simply just add it as a website in IIS?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:46
    All Blonde

Jan,

when I installed it was just a website. But it gave me error that it is not set as an application, so I assigned application pool to it and now it is application.

But it is actual website with proper host entry in my computer (Windows 2003 standart)

I have host entry look like that:

127.0.0.0   umbarco.

For admin functions I have address: http://umbarco/umbarco/umbraco/umbraco.aspx#content

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:53
    All Blonde

Jan,

correction. Entry in host file is

127.0.0.1   umbarco.

For admin functions I have address: http://umbarco/umbarco/umbraco/umbraco.aspx#content

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi All

Sorry my bad, read it wrong.

But have you pointed the website to the Umbraco root folder on the disk?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:05
    All Blonde

Yes I did and when I typed http://umbarco/umbarco/ in browser address got following:

XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt

Looks like I am missing something but for sure  it is lurking somewhere near by.. :-)

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:08
    All Blonde

Basically I do have this umbTopNavigation.xslt in folder C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\umbarco\umbarco\umbarco\xslt.

Should I change anything in IIS settings?

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi All

Ok, so you're getting an XSLT error. I think your site it setup correctly but for some reason this XSLT file is failing to be rendered. Do you have any more of these error messages? Or is this the only one you get?

Let's see if we can figure out why this happens.

try adding this querystring to the path ?umbdebugshowtrace=1 so it will look like this: http://umbarco/umbarco?umbdebugshowtrace=1

This will give you a screendump with a stacktrace where you should spot any read entries to see if they give you an error description of some kind.

What does it say if you do this?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:20
    All Blonde

That renders wit stack info. Most of it ok but few lines in red. Do you want me to post it here?

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Yes, please post the error from the stack trace in here so we can get a clue about what's wrong in the XSLT file in question.

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:22
    All Blonde

That renders wit stack info. Most of it ok but few lines in red. Do you want me to post it here?

Just red part looks like that:

umbracoInit    Done handling request    0.000342690873365948    0.000013
    umbracoPage    Pagedata loaded for Simple website (ID: 1050, Version: 7a689e87-feea-43e7-9239-0aac961fdf6f)    0.557729043026706    0.557386
    umbracoPage    Looking up skin information    0.557820382548721    0.000091
    aspx.page    End PreInit    0.55818253769348    0.000362
    aspx.page    Begin Init    0.558201556861015    0.000019
    macro    No macro with alias 'BlogRssFeedLink' found    0.57054006736707    0.012339
    renderMacro    Rendering started (macro: Top Navigation, type: 1, cacheRate: 0)    0.582894054254551    0.012354
    umbracoMacro    Error loading XSLT umbTopNavigation.xslt
    XSLT compile error.
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader, Boolean include)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
      at umbraco.macro.CreateXsltTransform(XmlTextReader xslReader, Boolean debugMode)
      at umbraco.macro.getXslt(String XsltFile)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:23
    All Blonde

Sorry, did not see that post went to second page.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:25
    All Blonde

Why did it look for 'BlogRssFeedLink' ? I did not define anything for blog or even remotely look like that.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, have you modified the XSLT file yourself somehow? Unfortunately the error description is not giving any usefull clue.

Could you post the content of the XSLT file in here?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:27
    Jan Skovgaard

I'm not sure. Can't remember exactly what is in this starter kit..but maybe the starter kit has not installed properly for some reason. Seems like there should be created a maco that does something with some rssfeedlinks...

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:31
    All Blonde

Hi Jan,

I did not touch that file, just as soon as I see that error I did search for the filename on C drive.

Here is what in xslt file:

============================================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
        <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;">
    ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<!-- Input the documenttype you want here -->
        <xsl:variable name="level" select="1"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<ul id="topNavigation">
           <li class="home">
             <xsl:if test="$currentPage/@id = $currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@level=$level]/@id">
                 <xsl:attribute name="class">home current</xsl:attribute>
             </xsl:if>
             <a href="/">Home</a>
           </li>
          <xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@level=$level]/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1']">
      <li>
         <xsl:if test="@id = $currentPage/@id">
            <xsl:attribute name="class">current</xsl:attribute>
          </xsl:if>
        <a class="navigation" href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
          <span><xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/></span>
        </a>
      </li>

</xsl:for-each>
    </ul>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:37
    Jan Skovgaard

What happens if you try to comment out the entire <ul></ul> section and hit save...does this macro still fail then?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:39
    All Blonde

No changes, same error with same content in red colored area.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:43
    All Blonde

Jan, I just recicle app pool and restarted website, just to make sure that responce is not from cache.

New addition to red coded error portion. 10 lines above original:

template Master template is the same as the current template. It would cause an endless loop! Make sure that the current template ''Template with id: '-1' has another Master Template than itself. You can change this in the template editor under 'Settings'
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmmm, ok there must be something wrong somewhere...I have a suspicion that something has gone wrong during the installation of the starter kit or that there simply are some bugs in the starter kit.

Therefore I think you should try to do the following

1. Go to the developer section and unfold the "installed packages" folder and click to remove the installed starter kit (If I remember correctly it should be possible to remove it from here)
    2. Go to the package repository (still in the developer section) and search for CWS, which i short for Creative Website Starter made by Warren Buckley with the intention to be a starting point in earlier versions of Umbraco - This package has always been working for me. So if you can get this to work I suggest you play around with this instead
    3. If the CWS package is also acting up and causing errors I think you should try to do the installation all over again following this guide by Sebastian Janssen http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:59
    All Blonde

After I clicked Install package It say:

Firefox:

Server not found
              Firefox can't find the server at &guid=705dd376-933b-40df-82b1-914f126f19ce.

IE8 redirects to http://guide.opendns.com/main?url=%26guid%3D705dd376-933b-40df-82b1-914f126f19ce&servfail=&nref=&w=1174&h=882 with message:

We did not find any results for: &guid=705dd376-933b-40df-82b1-914f126f19ce. Please try a new query above.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 23:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, then I will encourage you to re-install by following step 3 in my post above to ensure the base install is properly installed :)

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 23:37
    All Blonde

That is done and as of now I am getting blank page when browse for http://umbarco/umbarco/ but I did place some text within content templates and published content.If I use http://umbarco/umbarco/default.aspx?umbdebugshowtrace=1 get stack with red colored line:

template

Master template is the same as the current template. It would cause an endless loop! Make sure that the current template ''Template with id: '-1' has another Master Template than itself. You can change this in the template editor under 'Settings'

and for other templates like http://umbarco//umbarco/gallery/codegarden-08.aspx?umbdebugshowtrace=1 getting errors:

renderMacro Rendering started (macro: [XSLT] Email A Friend Link, type: 1, cacheRate: 0) 0.0464729900152378 0.014419

umbracoMacro Error loading XSLT EmailAFriendLink.xslt
    XSLT compile error.
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader, Boolean include)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
      at umbraco.macro.CreateXsltTransform(XmlTextReader xslReader, Boolean debugMode)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

umbracoMacro Error loading XSLT Navi.xslt
    XSLT compile error.

umbracoMacro Error loading XSLT ParentPageLink.xslt
    XSLT compile error.

umbracoMacro Error loading XSLT ListPhotos.xslt
    XSLT compile error.

This is getting so much worse then Movable Type, at least there I could see what is going on with the files.And belive me I am not MT fun. Always worked on Microsoft platform but this is .....

Dec 14, 2011 @ 14:40
    All Blonde

Hi Jan,

after uninstalling and reinstalling umbarco and simple package finally I got this on the home page:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\EmailAFriendLink.xslt UserControl /usercontrols/website/SearchBox.ascx does not exist.

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\Navi.xslt

News & Events

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\NewsEventsSubNavi.xslt
    Photo taken by Sam Grady of G72

Sam Grady designed this for Warren Buckley. "This" idea was first created by the incredible Robert Brownjohn and has been copied many times since.

Thank you for installing the umbraco website package created and developed by Warren Buckley.

what this is about and why it can not read it own xslt files?

I checked permissions on all folders and files. All is open for public at full access.

Any ideas?

Dec 14, 2011 @ 17:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm...I'm beginning to suspect it's because there is a .dll in the bin folder that needs to be deleted somehow.

When you make a clean installation of Umbraco how are you then doing it? Are you getting the latest version from codeplex, or are you installing using webmatrix?

I would recommend you try install using webmatrix since it also installs any possible dependencies.

/Jan

Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:24
    All Blonde

Somehow I suspect that this issue is related to version of IIS and OS in general.

Since Umbarco runs fine on webmatrix but UI get broken as soon as I move files to standard IIS.

Dec 15, 2011 @ 22:59
    All Blonde

How can I close this issue as resolved?

Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:54
    All Blonde

Resolved situation by creating DNS entry for my site on our DNS server instead of host file on local system.

Do not ask me how but that is all what it takes in our situation to fix it.

Learn a lot while installing this CMS.

Jan, thanks for the help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft