Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shufflemoomin 37 posts 36 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 07:41
    shufflemoomin

Create new node through user control?

Hi everyone,

I've been using Umbraco a long time but new to using the API.

I'm creating a user control that takes data in a form and uses that data to create a new node of a specific, exisiting document type under a specific parent node. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that covers something this basic or run over the fundamentals of using the API to achieve this in Umbraco 4?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Shufflemoomin

• Chris Dunn 75 posts 127 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 08:00
    Chris Dunn

Shufflemoomin,

Take a look at the API cheatsheet for sample code at <span style="white-space: pre-wrap; "> http://www.<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; line-height: normal; white-space: normal;"><span style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;">umbraco.org/documentation/books/api-cheatsheet</span><span style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;">. The first section shows how to create a document using the API. Also download the Blog4Umbraco for an further example. It uses the same concept to add a comment document under a blog posting (specific parent node) using a usercontrol. - Chris</span></span></span>

• Chris Dunn 75 posts 127 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 08:01
  • Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 08:36
    Aaron Powell

You need to look into the Document API, that is what is responsible for creating nodes in the Umbraco tree. Alternatively you could check out a project of mine, the Umbraco Interaction Layer (http://uil.codeplex.com/) which allows you to create strongly typed versions of your document types for CRUD operations.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft