Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Newstead 62 posts 103 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 16:48
    Steven Newstead

Publish at and Remove at Date Fields not working in 4.7.0?

Hi all,

I've tried googling for this and there seems to be no valid consensus of if the Publish at and Remove at dates work in 4.7.0, I've tried a vanilla install of 4.7.1 with a starter pack and everything seems to work okay.

If this should be working could someone please give me just a few lines on how it works and perhaps where to look in the source code for our issue?

Thanks very much,

Steve

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steven

In order to publish pages at a certain date you need to select the date and time where you want the page to be published and then simply hit "save". Don't "Save and Publish" (that would not make any sense :)).

It should be the same trick for removing/unpublishing at a certain date.

I've had succes with this doing the above step on 4.7.1 - however I think I have seen that there might be some issues on 4.7.1 in certain circumstances. Maybe someone else can write more about this.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 21:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steven

Hmm, my memory is really bad.

The problems you're having are probably the same as the one who started this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/25725-Preview-not-working-in-umbraco-471

The issue should be fixed in the next release...and in fact I think it is fixed in this changeset - If I remember correctly the things that needs to be fixed for 4.7.1.1 to be ready for prime time is the fixing of some Razor issues.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Steven Newstead 62 posts 103 karma points
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 09:53
    Steven Newstead

Okay great, we'll wait for the next release to come out before upgrading, thanks for your help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft