Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
i am using Dotnetn... for 6 years, and a am realy planing to change my cms system. I have tested Umbraco a few days and i am very impresed how Umbraco is working with templates, razor scripts etc...
I have some questions if someone can give mi advice
1. I want to style and customize admin pages for end users, is it this possible ? I want to make admin more user frendly. I think for end user (Word editor), admin navigation, using right mouse controls is maybe complicated. And i want to change icons, make navigation fonts larger, style form elements, buttons etc ...
2. Is it possible to enable Live Editing by default for all pages, for example, end user editor can edit directly from web page, not from admin pages (not going to backend admin). Somthing like dnn or orch.... ?
3 Is it Umbraco free for use for web design company that makes web sites for clients ? is it there any restrictions about this ?
Welcome to the fourm!
Glad to hear you're enjoying Umbraco.
1) Whilst you can reskin the back end some what, changing core functionality like Right Clicking I doubt would be worth your time, this is pretty much key to editing in Umbraco. I find my clients are a little reluctant for about 3 mins, then they know they have to right click and never mention it again.
2) You want to look at 'Edit In Canvas'
3) Yes, free and unrestricted.
Hope that helps
I have look Edit in Canvas, but there is this procedure:
1. client is looking his desired web page
2. then must open new window, type http://www.mysite.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx
3. then must go to page navigation, right click, Edit in Canvas
4. He changes text (in editing there is not tynimice tollbar for bold etc ...)
5. save and publish, close window
6. refresh page
7. go to step 3 for editing another page
I my opinion if i can suggest somthing:
Only small thing can improve umbraco to be perfekt, and i am sure that this options can multiple downloads and users of umbraco ...
1. end user is login
2. after login, on pages is edit button shown on content, end user can click on edit button
3. it is opened this page in new window directly to admin part (like orc...) or better popup window (like dn...) without going to admin part
In my opinion umbraco is perfect for developers and designers, and with this option, can be super simple and perfect for end users that need to change some text or add some news
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted