Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 18:25
    Ansar

How to create a custom backoffice popup

I am looking for a way to add a new popup near the backoffice About popup with the same style but with different content..

I can see the About popup is loaded using UmbClientMgr.appActions().launchAbout();"

but is there anyway to create a custom popup using the same styles?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 18:56
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

You can use the openModalWindow function to open a "modal" which should be what you're looking for.  Ex:

<a href="javascript:UmbClientMgr.openModalWindow('page url', 'window title', true, 500, 400,0,0,'', callbackFunction();">Open</a>

-Tom

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 06:39
    Ansar

Thanks Tom.. Thats exactly what I was looking for :)

• Jason 86 posts 156 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 16:38
    Jason

Hi Tom,

How exactly is the "modal" example executed?

Could you please provide "for dummies" instructions? Where to place code, what to change, etc.?

New to Umbraco.  Thanks in advance.

Aug 12, 2013 @ 04:14
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jason,

This code is meant to be used in the Umbraco back-office, via a custom datatype, dashboard control, or other Umbraco page. Based on your other thread I'm assuming you meant to use this in the front-end, in which case you're on the right track with fancybox/colorbox. If you're interested in using the backend and need more help, let me know!

-Tom

• siva kumar 120 posts 209 karma points
    Aug 30, 2013 @ 12:43
    siva kumar

hi tom fulton,

I am creating a custom control.after clicking link in the custom control and i am  openining modal window.Now i want to load an image into this window.that image i want to take from upload control in my document instead of media picker tree .how to do it in umbraco 4.7.1.1?

Aug 30, 2013 @ 16:15
    Tom Fulton

Hi Siva,

If I'm understanding - you have a custom page (in a modal) and you want to pull in the value of a document's upload field to display as an image?

You'd probably want to use the Document API to get the document and the upload property, something like:

var doc = new Document(<your node id here>);
    var image = doc.getProperty("yourUploadFieldAlias").Value;

Hope that helps, Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft