Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 12:52
    Anthony Candaele

page of uBootstrap starter package not rendering css

Hi,

I just installed the uBootstrap starter kit  but if I visit the homepage, the css isn't rendered:

I would have posted this issue in the forum of the uBootstrap starter kit, but unfortunately there is none.

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 11:12
    Tom Madden

It's most likely that dotless is not serving the css as it should. The first thing I'd do is view the css file directly in the browser. If there;s a problem there you will probably get a YSOD which give you more info about what the problem is. The result you are seing also happens if there's an error within the css file. Dotless fails to return the css if there's a compile error in the css, but viewing the css through the browser will also show up where the error is.

HTH

Tom

Jan 08, 2012 @ 13:37
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your advice. I looked up the source code of the rendered page. This is the link to the stylesheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="DependencyHandler.axd?s=L2xlc3MvdGhlbWUubGVzczs%3d&amp;t=Css&amp;cdv=1">

So I tried to copy the url http://localhost/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L2xlc3MvdGhlbWUubGVzczs%3d&amp;t=Css&amp;cdv=1 to the address bar of my browser. This gave me an YSOD:

"System.ArgumentException: Could not parse the type set in the request"

I can't make much sense out of this, but maybe you can :)

Greetings,
    Anthony

• J 150 posts 489 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 15:48
    J

Hi Anthony,

Can you see the stylesheet file by accessing the /less/theme.less? There's a live example in here http://bs.jlusar.es/less/theme.less

If the answer is yes, then dotless is working as expected, so then try cleaning the ClientDependency file either by deleting the App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency files or by changing the version number in the ClientDependency.config.

Cheers,

Jorge

Jan 08, 2012 @ 16:19
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jorge,

I checked the theme.less file in the Umbraco backoffice and the file was there, so that was ok.

Then I changed the version number to 2 <clientDependency version="2"> and now the css is rendered in the page.

Thanks,

Anthony

• Adam Nilsson 28 posts 118 karma points
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 13:40
    Adam Nilsson

Hi Jorge

I have the same issue as Anthony but I have installed the uBootstrap newest version from Github and got the same issue when edit text in rich text field no css from the theme.css. And I dont get access to the /less/theme.less file I get a 404 error message. Where do I set the access for the less file?

I have also tried change the version number in the config file for clientDependency and remove the files in the TEMP folder but no luck with that approach.

Greetings,

Adam

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft