Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fatnjazzy 12 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 16:02
    fatnjazzy

Umbraco 5 Runs very slow on a fresh install

Hi,

I have just installed Umbraco  5 and I want to build it for a production environment.
    But I see that it running very slow. Each request on the site side and on the admin side is not less than 4 secconds.
    Any idea Y?

Version:Latest nightly
    DB - Compact Edition.
    IIS: Latest Express
    Window: 7
    VS : 2010

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 16:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi fatnjazzy

Do you by any chance have AVG installed on the server?

/Jan

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 19:29
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 20:57
    fatnjazzy

Thanks, makes me worry that a simple 3 fields page with 20 charracters wach are taking so long to load an I need to be cached in order to improve the performance
    @Jan Skovgaard Do you mean AVG untivirus? if so then no.

Thanks 

Jan 07, 2012 @ 21:03
    Jan Skovgaard

I can understand that you worry, but I think you should keep in mind that it's not released in final yet. If the final release is slow then it's time to get really worried.

I'm sure that once umbraco v5 is ready for release the performance and speed will be much much much better - the core team are very passionate and dedicated about Umbraco v5 and of course want's to make it the best CMS ever and I'm sure that when Umbraco 5 is released in final it *will* be blazingly fast.

/Jan

Jan 07, 2012 @ 21:23
    fatnjazzy

When do you think this will be? I want to go on production in 2 weeks... do you think it will be solved till than?

Thanks

Jan 07, 2012 @ 21:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Since I'm not involved in the core I can't say for sure but in the article Jeroen linked to above it says

"I thought I'd put up a quick post reassuring you that with the testing builds so far, this is partly by design, and explain how it'll receive focus this month as we prep for a production-ready 5.0 at the end of Jan."

So I myself expect that the performance issues have been resolved by then. But I'm not in a position to guarantee anything.

/Jan

• MisterG 19 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 23, 2012 @ 20:46
    MisterG

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Umbraco 5 with the Starter Kit and it's slow compared to v3 and v4 versions that are already in production.

Do you have any idea ? Do I have to wait for a new version ?

Thanks,

Greg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft