Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 19:11
    Jed

Use code in RTE

I tire of the elaborate hoops I have to jump through to do the simplest things in Umbraco. I frequently wish for a simple method to place code directly into a page at any point I choose, without having to set up a new macro, XSLT file, document type, associating them all together, allowing the doc type to be created under the node in question, logging in to the server to create some code-behind, recycling the app pool and touching the web config file. What a waste of time this system is. Is there a way to add some c# code straight into the RTE, with tags around it to signify its purpose, as one can do in all other CMSs I've worked with (Drupal, Joomla, DNN, Wordpress, DNN, Textpattern)?

• Sharon 16 posts 37 karma points
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 19:58
    Sharon

You can always use uSiteBuilder to create your templates. You'd then have code-behind to place your c# code.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 20:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jed

Why is that you need to mix code and content? The rich text editor is for content only. Not for entering markup directly.

What is the purpose of the code you have the need to put int the pages? Is it something general or is it something unique for a specific node? Could you try to describe the scenarios that you're facing? Perhaps there is a better way around it than mixing up content and code - does not sound correct in my ears.

Besides I really doubt that it's possible to enter C# code directly in drupal, Joomla, Textpattern and wordpress ;-)

But please ellaborate a bit more on what you often need to do - I'm positive that there is a better way around it.

Cheers,

Jan

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:44
    Jed

Hi Jan, thanks for your kind patience. You're right of course. 

Specifically, I have a function in my master page that I would like to call from within the text of any article (it checks a user's AD groups and displays a line of content based on their memberships). And I'd like to call that function at any point within the text of any page - how is this done in Umbraco?

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft