Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pat 56 posts 147 karma points
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:47
    Pat

Starterkit - can't overlap top div with another div

Hey,

I have installed the designit green starter kit and have changed most of the layout to how I want, and have my own top image for the header. However, I need to have a couple different areas within the header with different styles of text which need to be updatable, but whenever I place another DIV within the top div in the master page or above the content on the homepage, it sticks it literally above the header.

I have masterpage where the top placeholder+div are assigned, and then the homepage with all content.

Current header is a small 80*80 which is repeated, and I just want to add some  DIVs within it where I can play my Umbraco text items over the top of it.

Am I being stupid? Or is it being weird because of the structure of both my webpage templates being linked to the master. The two pages have different size headers, also.

• Pat 56 posts 147 karma points
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:51
    Pat

Here is some code, the "top" div is defined in my CSS file. This is the body section from the Master template:

<body>    
        <div id="main">

<asp:contentplaceholder id="cp_top" runat="server">
            <div id="top-wrapper">
            <div id="top">    
              <umbraco:macro id="Macro1" alias="umbTopNavigation" runat="server"></umbraco:macro>
            </div>
            </div>

</asp:contentplaceholder>

<div id="body" class="clearfix">
              <form id="RunwayMasterForm" runat="server">
                <asp:contentplaceholder id="cp_content" runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>
              </form>
          </div>
          </div>

<asp:contentplaceholder id="cp_footer" runat="server">
            <div id="footer-wrapper">
            <div id="footer">

</div>
            </div>
          </asp:contentplaceholder>
      </body>

This is from the homepage template:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="cp_content" runat="server">

<div id="content" class="textpage" style=" height:250px; width:1000px; margin:auto; border:solid;">
      <div id="contentHeader">  
        <div style="position:relative;font-family: Blanch Caps; font-size: 44pt; float:left; color:#F87431;">
          <br> <umbraco:Item field="title" runat="server" />
        </div>
      </div>
        <p>
        <br>
      <div id="firstContent" class="textpage">
        <div style="position: relative; width: 250px; top: 20px; float:left; color: #666; height:180px; border:solid;">
          <umbraco:item runat="server" field="icon" xslt="concat('&lt;img src=&quot;',umbraco.library:GetMedia({0}, true())/umbracoFile, '&quot; border=0 /&gt;')" xsltdisableescaping="true" />
          <div style="font-family: Blanch; font-size: 14pt;"><umbraco:Item field="heading" runat="server" /></div>
          <div style="font-family:Museo Sans 500;font-size:10pt;"><umbraco:Item field="bodyText" runat="server" /></div>
        </div>
      </div>

<div id="secondContent" class="textpage">
      <div style="position: relative; height:180px; top: 20px; width:250px; border:solid;color: #666">
        <umbraco:item runat="server" field="icon2" xslt="concat('&lt;img src=&quot;',umbraco.library:GetMedia({0}, true())/umbracoFile, '&quot; border=0 /&gt;')" xsltdisableescaping="true"/>
        <div style="font-family: Blanch; font-size: 14pt;"><umbraco:Item field="heading2" runat="server" /></div>
        <div style="font-family:Museo Sans 500;font-size:10pt;"><umbraco:Item field="bodyText2" runat="server" /></div>
        </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </asp:Content>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft