Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Louis 37 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 12:57
    Louis

Copying and pasting MS Word text into Rich Text Editor

Hi all,

I've been using the Umbraco Rich text editor with no problems until I copy and paste formatted text from MS Word. This results in the formatting being lost and replaced with something ugly.

Is there anything I can use that can fix this problem?

Thanks

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 13:13
    alimac

There's a couple of options here:

1. You can click on the 'paste from word' icon (clipboard with a document on it) that'll basically strip all the excess tags that word generates.

2. You can set up a content channel that'll allow you to edit the content directly from word. There's a video available @ http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/building-a-news-section/content-channels-editing-from-word.aspx but it requires a subscription to view. I'm sure you can google/look on the forum for further information though.

• Gus Deadman 45 posts 65 karma points
    Jul 12, 2012 @ 15:56
    Gus Deadman

I tried the 'paste from word' and was very hopeful but the result is worse than a straight paste as all numbered paragraphs end up being numbered twice and if there is a number that covers more than one paragraph after the last para in that group the numbering restarts at 1.

It seems the best thing is to do a direct paste remove all formatting and then re apply as best you can with the style available.

Does anybody have a quicker/better way?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft