Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 00:45
    Damiaan

delete property error

Hi,

I try to delete a property, but the server returns this error below.  Has someone had this before?

Kind regards
    Damiaan

Server Error in '/' Application.

The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "wdb_gs2", table "gs_db_user.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'.
    The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "wdb_gs2", table "gs_db_user.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'.
    The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "wdb_gs2", table "gs_db_user.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'.
    The statement has been terminated.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2073502
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5064460
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) +228
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +326
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +95
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +118
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +56
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +146

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +227
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.propertytype.PropertyType.delete() +169
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +112
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericPropertyWrapper.GenericPropertyWrapper_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +72
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.DeleteButton2_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +72
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +120
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 04:15
    Jeroen Breuer

What version of Umbraco are you using? More people are having this problem but it should have been fixed: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/10552-The-DELETE-statement-conflicted-with-the-REFERENCE-constraint-FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType?p=1#comment52934. See this issue for more info: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29007

Jeroen

Jan 22, 2012 @ 09:06
    Damiaan

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the response.  However, i just found out that this is not the real problem.

To start of, it's version 4.7.1.

My collegea tried to install a google map package.  Which failed to install (they told me).  If you try to open a content node containing this property, you get the error below.

I also found out that not all nodes are shown in the tree.  I'll digg a bit further and keep you posted.

Kind regards
    Damiaan

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Property googleMapKantoor (89) on Content Type Kantoor could not be retrieved for Document 1174 on Tab Page kantoor. To fix this problem, delete the property and recreate it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Property googleMapKantoor (89) on Content Type Kantoor could not be retrieved for Document 1174 on Tab Page kantoor. To fix this problem, delete the property and recreate it.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Property googleMapKantoor (89) on Content Type Kantoor could not be retrieved for Document 1174 on Tab Page kantoor. To fix this problem, delete the property and recreate it.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +1760
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +83
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +197
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1412
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Jan 22, 2012 @ 09:26
    Damiaan

I found the problem.  There was a node not displaying in the content tree. 

Select * FROM [cmsPropertyData] WHERE [propertytypeid] = 89  -- matches the propertyId mentioned in previous post.
    This returned one record: 1905   1199 (=nodeId)    794D73CD-EEAC-4417-B2DF-E3311933EE5E    89    NULL    NULL    NULL    NULL

It exists in UmbracoNode table, but in cmsDocument, cmsContentVersion, cmsContentXml there is no record for node 1905

So I ran the following sql commands
    DELETE FROM [cmsPropertyData] WHERE contentNodeId = 1199
    DELETE FROM cmscontent  WHERE nodeid = 1199
    DELETE FROM umbraconode WHERE id = 1199

this allowed me to delete the property from the back-end.

Thanks a lot link to the other blog post!

• Damjan 12 posts 31 karma points
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 14:08
    Damjan

Hi,
    I upgraded a site from 6.0 something to 6.1.1 and I cannot delete the properties of the media types. The page seem to time out and refresh and I don't receive any error, the property is still there...

Is this the issue you had or was it something different? Has anyone had this issue I tried to describe?

Thanks 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft