Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 02:53
    Atoosa Khoda

Users tree is blank

I have Umbraco 4.7.1 installed on my local machine on IIS Express and SQL server.

I'm logged in as admin and have created two more users. when i go to Users dashboard i can't see the users listed under the Users tree. I can see their User Types and User Permissions, but the actual Users folder is empty. therefore i'm unable to change their details or change their user type, etc. Users are NOT disabled or anything.

Other node trees in other sections such as Content tree are working fine with no issue.

I tried uninstalling other add-ons that might be interfering with Umbraco Users mechanisim, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone have information on this issue? Many Thanks.

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 07:06
    Markus Johansson

Do you get any errors in the log-table?

Jan 23, 2012 @ 22:57
    Atoosa Khoda

Yes this is the error i get in the logs:

At /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=71fdea0cc6a940229f5c5c7974b26f11&id=-1&treeType=users&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=6.8 (Referred by: http://localhost:56429/umbraco/umbraco.aspx):

Which obviosuly says something about the Users tree type. But what this would indicate of?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 07:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosa

Are you certain that permissions for the umbraco root folder has been set properly for network service and iusr? Eventually try to give the everyone role full permissions to see if it changes anything.

In situations like these it's usually permissions that is the issue. Make sure to set them on the root folder and then inherit all the way down.

/Jan

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 09:04
    Dirk De Grave

you'll have to inspect your page using Firebug or the developer tools in Chrome or IE, it will give you a hint of what is wrong. And what do you get if you only open up the url (from your last post) in your browser. Check any javascript errors that pop up.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 30, 2012 @ 02:34
    Atoosa Khoda

Thanks @Jan. I'm running it on my localhost, with IIS Express (through webmatrix). How do i change the permissions in this case? 

Jan 31, 2012 @ 07:39
    Atoosa Khoda

ok now i've added all the permissions, iuser, network service and even everone with full access. didn't work!

firebug gives me the same error as the log. 

any other suggestions? 

Feb 02, 2012 @ 23:33
    Atoosa Khoda

here is what i get from Chrome inspect element tool:

GET http://localhost:56429/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=d16f1ddb81f3482ead50a34f68a35d2f&id=-1&treeType=users&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=35.6 500 (Internal Server Error)

TreeDataService.ashx

/umbraco/webservices

GET

Internal Server Error

• Mysterious 27 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 21, 2013 @ 16:36
    Mysterious

Atoosa Khoda

did you find a slotution for this error?

I am facing the same problem in all trees, nothing but the parent node,

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/3945-Content-Tree-not-loading?p=3

Apr 22, 2013 @ 01:24
    Atoosa Khoda

Hi @Mysterious 

No i never found a solution to that unfortunately. I checked all the permissions and all what these people are suggesting was set and in order but the problem persisted. Thankfully it was my development environment and i ended up setting up another instance of umbraco. Sorry. 

Apr 22, 2013 @ 01:34
    Atoosa Khoda

However i had problem with User tree. Content tree may be a different scenario all together. I once had problem with content tree being blank. The reason why turned out to be a wrong redirection rule that i had on IIS. if you have any redirect rule for canonicalisation of lower case or tailing slash , disable them and see if your Content node appears again. Mine did. looks like these redirect rules my be interfiering with umbraco system file names, as it trapes in a loop or otherwise manipulate them, therfore they stop functioning correctly. Hope this helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft