Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 19:21
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    Can not delete a content tree entity

    I have a content tree entity (node?) that I wish to delete. However, I can not.

    Here's what happens when I try:

    I see this in the dashboard: 

    And I see this in the log table:

    logComment: Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 0. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeId

    What should I do?

    Thanks!

  • Jan Skovgaard 11263 posts 23588 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 19:24
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Kyle

    What version of Umbraco are you using?

    And have there been made any kind of customizations? Event handlers or user control or something like that, which could cause an odd behaviour?

    And are you sure permissions are still correct?

    /Jan

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 19:29
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    Details: umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4090.38017)

    This started after my failed attempt to install cultiv's sitemap package, since removed. In fact, I have the object in the tree's root following the advise to publish a node to enable the sitemap. Otherwise, I have "StarterKit Blog" "Config Tree" and log4umbraco packages enabled for the site.
    Thanks!
  • Jan Skovgaard 11263 posts 23588 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 19:37
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Kyle

    Hmm, in what way did it fail?

    Did you try to publish the node first and then delete it afterwards perhaps? And what happens if you try to republish the entire site?

    /Jan

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 19:43
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    Jan:

    It failed as I first describe. I did try publishing + then deleting, same result. Also tried republishing the whole site. Same errors.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11263 posts 23588 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:49
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Kyle

    Have you had any further progress with this? I have a suspision the issue could be related to the start kit blog - but don't suppose it's an option to try and uninstall the package?

    If I remember correctly the blog in the starter kit is based on the blog4umbraco package...and a few people have had issues running that particular package after the release of 4.5 I think (memory is beginning to suffer a bit since it's some releases ago :)) - try having a look at the comments in this post: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/blog-4-umbraco/using-blog-4-umbraco/23836-Couldn't-find-any-page-exception-every-time-i-publish-a-post

    Don't know in what order you installed the packages? Was the starter kit blog installed during the setup or added later? If so...was it added before or after the cultiv sitemap package?

    Maybe I'm shooting in the dark here but try to take a look at the above post and see if it does any good for you :)

    /Jan

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 20:58
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    Jan,

    The good news is that these problems are only on the backend, so I haven't had to scramble to solve it. The "right" answer is to replicate my .NET environment locally and troubleshoot it there. I just wish that duplicating/dumping sql server db's were as trivial as it is with mysql.

    So I shall first replicate locally, and then give your suggestion a shot.

    I greatly appreciate all your help!

    Kyle

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 19:25
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    I finally got around to replicating the site locally so as to try uninstalling the StarterKit blog package.

    I get the following error: "Invalid object name 'infocaster301'. And so I can not uninstall the package. Nor can I delete these nodes. 

    I've fallen and can't get up!

    Full error code:

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    May 14, 2012 @ 00:32
    Kyle Skrinak
    0

    Some more sluthing. I now remember trying the 301 URL redirect package and uninstalling it. However, that left some bad data in the database, I guess? I see this link: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker/bug-reports/8974-I'm-getting-an-Invalid-object-name-'infocaster301'-server-error but I'm not clear what I need to do to get around this issue?

  • Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    May 14, 2012 @ 18:00
    Kyle Skrinak
    1

    Posted here for posterity. The fix was to reinstall http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker and then uninstall. Case closed. Much thanks to Jan Skovgaard for his help!

  • Jan Skovgaard 11263 posts 23588 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2012 @ 18:05
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Kyle

    Really happy to see you figured this one out and shared the solution with us all. #h5yr 

    /Jan

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • rob 75 posts 170 karma points
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 17:04
    rob
    0

    Just tried to replicate a complete site using courier and ended up with a node i could not delete "Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 0. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeId",

    Courier must have got the database info for 301-url-tracker but not all the associated files, after uninstalling it everything worked fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft